Are you interested in getting Botox? There is a reason why this is such a popular procedure – but you may have your own list of questions about what you can expect. Read on for 11+ things you should know about Botox!
What are your questions about Botox? You might want to know that
1. It is a great solution for you if you have tried creams and serums to no avail, but you want to avoid the hassle and expense that comes with a facelift.
2. It is safe and has been in use for decades.
3. Botox isn’t just used for cosmetic reasons. It can also help with medical problems, such as bladder issues and migraines.
4. Botox does come from a toxin (the botulinum toxin), which doesn’t sound healthy to have injected into your body; however, it is very safe when it is used correctly.
5. It works by preventing the muscles underneath the skin from contracting, which relaxes wrinkles.
6. Getting Botox injections only takes a few minutes. Many patients come in and have it done on their lunch hour, then leave with time to spare before getting back to work.
7. Botox injections aren’t painful; patients report it only feels like a little pinch.
8. After your treatment, you can get back to most of your regular activities right away, although you should avoid anything that is too strenuous. You may notice some bruising afterwards, but this will fade within a few days.
9. It may take as long as 2 weeks to see the full effects of your injections, but you will start to notice a difference in just a few days.
10. The effects of Botox can last for as long as 6 months, and you can get more when they wear off.
11. Many patients opt for dermal fillers along with Botox. Your doctor can help you decide what combination of treatments can help you to see the results you want.
Do you have other questions about Botox? Contact Advanced Laser and Skin Cancer Center in Teaneck, New Jersey, for a Botox appointment! Call 201-836-9696 today!