Tips to Care for your Skin through the Ages
Through the ages, aging has been a process that humans have tried to slow. It was said that Cleopatra bathed in milk – quite often! Today, we perform a number of routines to keep us looking as young on the outside as we feel on the inside. Whether you visit Advanced Laser and Skin Cancer Center for anti-aging treatments like Botox or dermal fillers, or you are one who prefers to traverse your aging process “au naturale,” there are steps you can take to pamper your complexion. Here are a few tips you may implement:
- Be savvy! Sun savvy, that is. The sun is one of the primary culprits of premature aging, and yet millions of men and women continually expose themselves to harsh UV light without adequate protection. What does being “sun savvy” look like (besides beautiful)? Like this:
- Avoid direct sun exposure at the peak time of day, between 10am and 2pm.
- If you need to be outdoors between these hours, wear sunscreen. There is no need for uber-high SPF; 30 is fine. What is needed is sufficient application. Don’t skimp if you want to stay smooth.
- Protective clothing like a hat or gloves, if you are working in the garden, and sunglasses, help to prevent premature aging on delicate areas such as around the eyes, the ears, or the hands.
- Skip the indoor tanning. The fact of the matter is that UV rays are UV rays. You get the picture. In fact, many tanning lamps could actually be more harmful because they emit only the ultraviolet light that causes tanning, not the type that could cause redness that alerts you to potential damage.
- Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate! Your skin needs moisture in order to stay resilient and smooth. In recent years, there has been a surge in interest in all-natural moisturizers made with some type of healthy oil. It is not oil that the skin needs most, though, its water. Look for this ingredient above all others when choosing a moisturizing product for your face.
Our skin is susceptible to everything from our diet to stress to environmental pollution. To give your skin the TLC it deserves, implement healthy habits and visit us for additional treatments to slow the signs of aging.
Category: Skin Care